Back to Covid-19 Updates Page
Our hospital is open for routine appointments and all your pet’s health care needs. We continue our commitment to have the safety of our patients, clients and staff as our highest priority.
Exam room cleanliness is held to the highest standards. All rooms are sanitized after each pet visit. We continue our stringent cleaning protocols throughout our hospital.
COVID-19 In-hospital Visit Protocol
Pet parents may come inside for the pet’s appointment. We also offer curbside service for those that prefer it.
If you or anyone you have been in contact with has been sick or suspected to be sick, please let us know and we will be happy to provide you with services curbside.
Please note the requirements that must be met for an in-person appointment:
- Only one adult and one child may come inside with your pet to accompany them for the appointment.
- We may ask you specific questions related to your exposure to the Coronavirus.
- We ask that you use hand sanitizer, provided by our staff, when you come into the building.
- Wearing a mask inside the clinic is optional and up to the individual’s comfort level.
- Please remember to practice proper social distancing while waiting in our lobby. Feel free to enjoy the outdoors with your pet while you wait.
- We ask that you remain seated on the bench during your pet’s examination.
- When your pet’s appointment is complete, the technician will take payment while you are in the exam room. If your pet needs diagnostics, we may ask that you leave your pet with us and return to pick up later in the day.
Curbside service will continue to be available for all appointment types.
If you prefer to wait in your vehicle and speak with our medical team over the telephone, please call us at 706-654-1111 let us know you have arrived and give us your parking place number. Someone will be out to greet you. Food and medication pickups can also be handled curbside or you may come to our side window or come into our lobby.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate the best way to accommodate the needs of our patients as well as protect the safety of our clients and team members.
The understanding, flexibility and generosity of our clients has been incredible during these challenging times. We have greatly appreciated all of your kind words, food bought for staff and overall encouragement. We couldn’t ask for more. These acts of kindness have fueled our fire and renewed our resolve to care for you and your pets to the best of our ability.
As things progress we will keep you informed. We’ll continue to post updates on our website and http://www.facebook.com/Hoschtonvet page, as well as send out newsletters. We look forward to working and growing with you!